Saturday, November 20, 2010

Movie: "Golden Slumber" (2010)

Finally I have day-off (after so busy week) and today I don`t have to meet anybody, so I decided to devote Sunday to watching movie at home. This time it is Japanese film - story was written by famous detective mystery novelist Kotaro Isaka.
I read his other novel "Foreign Duck, Native Duck Coin-locker" before and found it quite interesting (there was also movie).
This time it was a bit unrealistic story of assassination of Japanese Prime Minister and how intelligent agency uses innocent guy to show him as assassin to the nation, and how this poor guy first run from them and finally escaped with the help of friends and some tricky stuff (uff....shitty explanation - so you`d better to watch it than trying to understand my English)...
Anyhow, plot is intriguing and plus- the story is depicted in Sendai (as I know, in his all novels
Isaka depicts his native town Sendai) - town where I studied for about 1 year and it was so nostalgic to see all the places, city landmarks, Sendai station surroundings in the movie (I even found model girl from my Sendai agency in the movie playing waitress!)...
Another point is that Isaka always chose one song for his each novel and this song becomes leading motif that fills each page of the novel. In "Foreign Duck, Native Duck Coin-locker" it was "Blowin` in the Wind" by Bob Dylan, this time "Beatles" song...




No comments: