Friday, December 3, 2010

Movie: "Black Sunday" (1977)

I don`t know how it is in other TSUTAYA stores, but in one near to my house they set "TOP 3 movies" in each genre - and I find it is great! If I watch only what I like to - it finally ends to some pop films with Brangelina or other stuff which is highly promoted..

But this time I chose "Movies about terrorists` plots" (smth. like that) and watched "Black Sunday"(1977) - about terrorists organization who decided to organize big BOOM by setting bomb inside the blimp (I learned new word!) of TV crew which should fly over the stadium during Super Bowl in January.

Interesting plot, people of different nationalities in movie who speaks with different English accents .

This time America is saved by Mr.Kabakov (wow!) - he is Russian roots Jew, I supposed, played by Robert Shaw... Story as whole and ending resemble vintage "James Bond" but of good quality - without james bond-like fancy stuff - it is more about politics, motivations of terrorism. Actually actors playing terrorists - Bruce Dern (he is brilliant!) and Marthe Keller - and their story line (reasons why they do it, their passion) is much more interesting than final scene of blimp over the stadium - which is I guess supposed to be one of most impressive in the film of this category.

No comments: