Sunday, November 11, 2012

Russia around: KOKON TO ZAI (KTZ)

Kokon To Zai

   Actually I am not sure who is behind this project, but this street brand is super popular among Japanese Harajuku fashion crowd now- you can see people wearing pieces in all parties...I guess it is originally from London. (Here is their site in UK and  Japanese online store selling street fashion brands FAKE TOKYO)
   It is funny that in their AW2012 collection they used  design of  Russian monks` robes with words in Russian saying "You really want to hurt me", " Realize my crimes" and rather  difficult to understand phrases.......At the very same time this robe ornament resembles tattoos they make in Russian prisons all over their bodies...I guess that was idea...I guess...
BTW  the brand seems to be loved by Rihanna, Kanye West and other celebrities..