Monday, February 21, 2011

Reading: F. Scott Fitzgerald "The Great Gatsby" (1925)

It was favorite book of Watanabe-kun, hero of "Norwegian Wood" novel by Haruki Murakami, so I decided to read....
Very sad story about pure heart of a man and it`s dissonance with surrounding world...It`s story about ambitious to be on the top of life, which however finally end up in loneliness - how it is lonely to be not as everyone around.
Discovering wonderful American classic literature is my goal for this year

**I read this novel every day in train on my way to the company and back, and from the first page realised that I need pencil to check words - in all junk we hear every day it gives you true "therapy" to read such book , such beautiful language of the author.

2 comments:

tokyoholic said...

It's so true about therapy! I feel like a different person after reading, like I found something I lost if only for a moment..

SERGEY said...

yes..when i read some poor-written novel -i feel so irritating - thats why recently i try no to read so-called bestsellers.But classic never disappoints :)