Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gabriel García Márquez "One Hundred Years of Solitude”


Finally finished reading novel by Gabriel Garcia Marques "One Hundred Years of Solitude" (1967).

 One of my classmate in university, my friend in Japan and another my friend - three people told me about this book, so when I finished reading Japanese novel and decided to read something on English I bought this book...

Now I am going to read Wikipedia article and Internet articles on author, historical backgrounds but before want to write my impressions not spoiled by other opinions yet...

Yes, it was a kind of magical book - I have never read such sort of novel before. No dialogues - long-long text - like manuscript...

Also genre and author writing manner is hard to describe...It is the story of family and story of city on one side, and it is history of Columbia on another . It is realistic story , but a lot from fairy tales, legends, myth at the same time..Feeling of passing time is main motive of the whole novel.

So many people, so many characters, but all of them live life in each own world..And these feeling of "solitude" - the key word of this book - it makes you feel depressed while all time you read it...

No comments: