Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Our people is our treausure"

"All my troubles seem so faraway..." And it is really so..

Finally I got job offer and will start working in my new "so-long-desired" company from beginning of October (I hope so.. I hope really, as it was so miracle to find job in Japan for 1 month that I don't believe it yet). This everyday racing and "hunting" for job finally finished and I feel myself like amoeba - no emotions, nothing- the only wish to sleep, eat..


So I wasting my money on food and shopping. Bought new jeans and suede shoes ( "a la Paul Smith" from ABC Mart) and satisfied..


Waiting for October..


Today met with Natalia and to my big surprise received this white Cheburashka from her (..to tell the truth I forgot her present twice in restaurants while talking...) - symbol of Russian team in Winter Olympic Games (they also have red and blue Cheburashka, red one was symbol in Beijing Games and blue one for Winter Games in Vancouver- maybe I am wrong). Cheburashka (which was translated to English like Topple) is character from 70s Russian Muppet cartoon. It is fantastic creature which was found in the cage of oranges and it looks like small bear-mouse-koala.. Cheburashka became friend with crocodile Gena and these two animals are actually main characters of series of famous Soviet cartoon. Every child in Russia knows them and since Cheburashka was introduced to Japan several years ago it is also popular here (last month in Ginza department store they even made special corner of "Cheburshka goods") and we also had one of NHK Russian educational program featured this cartoon.


Natalia said the first toy in her life was Cheburashka - she even has photographic evidence with her as small baby with toy that seems bigger than her! Also you can find white Cheburashka as character for Japanese chain coffee-shops Dotour.



Last year we had Halloween party in Roppongi and it was lots of fun..Only Natalia properly prepared for this event - when with Dmitrii I came to the club we found Ugly Betty instead of Natalia - her hair from blond turned brown, she wore some funny glasses and which the most surprisingly she had exactly the same outfit as heroine of this popular series wore.. So this year I decided not to be "Seryozha in the costume of Seryozha" as she said and prepared for Halloween. And today I found idea in some magazine. Dress like geek salariman with round spectacles, old trousers and grandpa shirt and from inside T-shirt of superman will be seen (T-shirt I have already found).


And one more..
I so love Japanese fashion magazines for their detailed specialization. They have fashion magazines for all sorts of young men and girls. Magazines for gyaru-o ("Men's egg"), magazine for host from Shinjuku ("Men's knuckle"), for stylish guys who dresses in United Arrows and Beams ("Men's non-non"), for b-boys and hip-hop lovers (like "Samurai"), for 40-50 old stylish "choi waru oyaji" - it is like fashion of 40-50 year old dandies with a bit of Italian mafia taste ("LEON")..
And today I found one more magazine. It is called "SOUL Japan". Fashion magazine for "ora-ora kei"which means Japanese gangsta (in previous my job I had deal with some kind of such type of people). It is mix of American hip-hop gangsta style, Italian mafia style, Japanese yankee style and gyaru -o style.. Actually I think readers of this magazine are also Japanese teen-yankees (especially in province)..It is really interesting..No matter how you think about gangster groups and what kind of business they do, but it is kind of culture and fashion is also (Afro-American gangsters born great hip-hop music and street fashion, Italian mafia dressing culture influenced on Dolce and Gabbana fashion, even Russian designer Denis Simachev made whole collection inspired by Russian mafia of 90-s)..
So Japanese fashion is also quite interesting phenomenon...
(interesting but , but to meet such "fashion idols" late somewhere at Kabuki-cho probably will not be much pleasure).
Here is some photos from DENIS SIMACHEV 07-08 Fall-Winter collection...

These guys are not kinder then their Japanese colleagues.










2 comments:

Tokyoholic said...

Compartmentalization is what Japan and Japanese culture is all about. I am also amazed at how everything is so distinguished when it gets to Japanese fashion - was meaning to write about it as well. I can't find anywhere else such precise line between one style and another.

SERGEY said...

yes..everything is so categorized so that it is so convenient at one side, but sometimes it is boring at another