Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sunday


Yesterday I went to Awa-odori matsuri in Kouenji station. Awa is the old name for province in Japan which is now Tokushima Prefecture. From old times they have traditional dance culture - this dance is called "awa-odori" and people gather in groups ("ren"), train and take part in this festival...Koenji - place where poor young people (students, punk rockers, design school students or just strange people live) were so crowded...Thanks God I live in Nakano - next station - and can return on foot. On the photo above is symbol of "Ten-sui ren" ("Ten-sui" dancing group). They are considered to be professional and came to take participation from Tokushima....



These days I wake up at 7 (and at 5 three days a week for jogging), have entered Gym (after checking and compairing facilities in maybe all gyms round Shinjuku - chose Oceans as they have three pools and very lively and kind staff), read books on Financial Account, Computer Applications and so on and feel happy , really- got new passport, visa prolonged for 1 year more - true immigrant happiness.

Last week checked Adidas shops in Shibuya and Roppongi - and find that they have a lot of good stuff - bags, T-shirts - I suppose they hired bunch of young and talented designers and again started making real street style clothes...


With friends once a week we study Russian language and since I have PC, I planned to use it for teaching...somehow...showing fragments from Russian movies maybe..




Today is Sunday and Sunday means for me the day I have lunch at Wako - it is Japanese katsu food chain restaurant - my favourite - their miso soup I can drink in liters...


4 comments:

Deinel said...

How much do you pay for a gym membership?

P.S. I lost all my hope to meet you online again. (:

tokyoholic said...

I so wanted to see Awa-odori!! Too bad I missed it, again..But next week there is gonna be another matsuri in Shimo-Kitazawa...My friend is participating in a procession so I am thinking of joining too! ^-^

SERGEY said...

I pay 11,000JPY for month - it is all days/all facilities plan..But they also have evening plan - you can use everything on weekdays from 18 till close time..it costs 9000, so maybe i will change..
P.S. I promise - I will be in face book after 11 today.OK? :)

SERGEY said...

Today they held Super Yosakoi in Harajuku..I missed ...