Friday, September 24, 2010

Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus "The Nanny Diaries"

My "books reading &DVD watching" marathon continues.. 1week and half and I will start working (I suppose till late every day..), so I try to enjoy my last days of summer vacation.
This novel is sort of entertaining mass literature and I am sure everyone who likes "Devil Wears Prada" will find this story interesting also, as it resembles very much...Young girl who works as nanny in super-high class NY family and has to go through all kind of indignity from Mrs.X - her despotic employer....
Story is very funny (you can find a lot of scenes which make you smile and laugh), also like "Devil Wears Prada" it is very "girly" book - reader is supposed to feel sort of ecstasy, reading passage about heroine appearing "holding olive Birkin" in "her green Prada pumps" (for those who are not in - sometimes you will have to check net for all those brands and their prices to understand feelings of heroine)..But as a whole it is very relaxing and funny book - which also made you think about what is really important in family relationships.

2 comments:

tokyoholic said...

I call these sort of books - perfect beach books. It is very entertaining and doesn't really ask anything from you. When I need my braincells to rest - that's what I prefer reading. It is also a great source for witty phrases that you can later try on your friends. ^-^

SERGEY said...

yeah.... classic is good, but all these modern paper cover books and TV dramas are so easy to digest and very helpful for learning "real" English language. :) And recently I found so cool when u read Stephen King in english, Chekhov in russian and Murakami in japanese...my next purporse is studying one more european language