Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Studying: Yoshinori Ikeya "WEB Design Usability"


Sometimes desperate, sometimes happy - I am still struggling in my new way - web design and IT industry.... Never thought I would do smth related to PC and to tell the truth sometimes felt that I made wrong choice...But every day now brings me so much new - new knowledge, new experience and I really enjoy discovering this whole new world. Usability and User Center design is one of the most interesting topics of web-design as they require skills from absolutely different disciplines: research, psychology, design and sometimes just sort of "sense" - ability to feel best balance of elements... This book which my manager lent me has a lot of clues and hints regarding layout, navigation, color scheme of web site from the usability point of view. A lot of examples, pictures and simple language make it a pleasant reading somewhere in cafe.


P.S. This week has started from introduction with Dreamweaver - everything is so new to me! Bought book on it and trying all these functions - really exciting and so simple (afraid I`ll have to fix all tags though, as code seems so dirty and overweight)..

No comments: