Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reading:  Standard Guide to Website Direction (Webディレクション標準ガイド プロジェクト始動からサイトの設計・構築まで )

     These days I am so lazy to do any studying on weekend so it makes me mad...And today again as usual I slept till 13  and except cleaning room did almost nothing....On weekdays on my way to the company and back I try to read though..
  And here is book I completed last week (started in August last year though...): Standard Guide to Website Direction (or long-long Japanese title)..
   It was quite expensive (50 bucks !!) book but as I happened to be useful reading - it may be interesting even for people who is not in IT industry: in this Guide authors introduce basic knowledge regarding Web Direction workflow: starting from project organization, marketing research, all preparation and finishing site release, operation, information security..All book is in Japanese and to the end of reading it you start feeling sick of all these characters but yep...it was very good reading (in Japan this book is considered to be one of full Introductions to Web Direction (it was first published in 2004 so there is a bit some old information regarding OS, Browsers and almost nothing about Social Networking)).

  Last week I ordered "Don`t make me think" by Steve Krug - true bestseller on User Experience recommended by may of my colleagues..so looking forward to getting it and starting daily reading routine again  :)

  On Saturdays I go to dance school  -instructor is  Oguri Moto from Japanese street dance group "sh**t kingz"..Lessons are really amazing..Although I feel myself so stiff and stupid every time (other participants are really good in  memorizing all combinations ), but I enjoy it every week. Here is one of my favorite part and this song by Raphael Saadiq  "The Answer" is so good.


   Tomorrow is Monday and it means work week will start again...recently thinking a lot if what I am doing now is really what I want to do...Every Sunday trying to motivate myself for a week..Japanese Google with  management system  of 80-90s...sigh...and they are talking about "Empowerment"

No comments: